Sunday, February 25, 2007

The chewing gum saga continues

Well after getting lots of advice about what to do to get rid of the chewing gum. I decided to go with the simplest. I rolled them up and stuck them in the freezer for a few days. Out of sight out of mind. I think i thought that that would be it. Leave them there and elves would come around at night and solve my problem. No way. I checked them the next day no change. I scraped it with a knife no good. So i returned them to the freezer clearly they needed more time. On Saturday i finally gave in and accepted if they were ever to be restored to their former glory i would have to invest in some ice cubes and elbow grease and so the operation began. After 45 mins i could at least see that it was working. However i still cant figure out how the gum got down as far as my knees. The bad news is leaving them in a freezer does not work the good news is ice cubes do and so tomorrow after alot of work i will be wearing them again. If i wasnt a student i would have dumped them and gone shopping.

No comments: